Government incentives for high-efficiency furnaces, heat pumps and AC end December 31, 2013
Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC employs certified HVAC technicians. As a leading Oregon HVAC contractor and Energy Star Partner we provide seamless installations of the latest energy efficient heating and cooling systems. Our experienced staff conforms to all approved standards and makes sure the job is done right the first time and every time.
Call 503 393 5315 or fill out our online form for a free estimate for HVAC installation.
We service Salem, Keizer, Dallas, Albany, Silverton, Stayton, Woodburn, Tigard, Tualatin, Portland and the surrounding areas.
Oregon State energy tax credit
§ Up to $1,500 for ductless heat pumps that
· Have variable speed compressor (“inverter technology”) – efficient operation to match the heating/cooling requirements of the house under a variety of weather conditions
· Are listed in the ARI directory and provide at least 50 percent of rated capacity efficient operation when outside air is 17° F
· Have no built-in electric resistance heat
· Are installed by a technician that has received factory-sponsored training within the past 5 years
§ Up to $800.00 Oregon energy trust rebate for the Ductless heat pumps
§ Up to $200.00 PGE Heat Pump approved Contractor rebate
§ Maximum of $492 for forced air furnaces with
· 97% or higher AFUE
· Maximum $352.00
· 95% to 96.9 % AFUE
· Electrically-efficient fan motors/variable speed blowers listed with the ‘e’ symbol in GAMA (Gas Appliance Manufacturer’s Directory)
· Ducted outdoor air for combustion
§ Up to $645 for a split system heat pump. This system qualifies for 2 credits; one for the performance verification test and the other for equipment that meets the following criteria:
- Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF) of 10.0 or higher
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 13 or higher
- A technician certified by the Oregon Department of Energy must verify the performance of the system
- Up to $600.00 Oregon energy trust rebate for heat pumps
- Up to $200.00 PGE Heat Pump approved Contractor rebate
Federal energy tax credit
§ 10% of the cost up to $500.00
§ Cap of $150 for furnaces which must also meet 95% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency)
§ $300 for air conditioners, air source heat pumps, water heaters, (see website for efficiencies
§ $500 lifetime limit, if you got over $500 in these tax credits from 2013, you cannot claim any further credits
Save more with manufacturer rebates
You must apply and be approved before you can claim your energy tax credits, because the HVAC system you install must meet federal and state energy-efficiency criteria. Applying online saves time; energy tax credits applications must be received no later than April 1 of the year following purchase even if the tax credit is carried forward. Unused tax credits may be carried forward up to 5 years (ending December 31, 2011). Also note that new homes and rentals don’t qualify for RETCs. The equipment must be installed in your current home or secondary/vacation one.
Advantage Heating and Cooling, LLC installs high-efficiency heat pumps and gas furnaces that meet approved standards and qualify for federal and state BETCs and RETCs. In addition, our heating and cooling systems come with manufacturer rebates that increase your savings significantly.
Take advantage of the tax credits and rebates to offset your high-efficiency air source heat pump and gas furnace costs. We also provide manufacturer guarantees for problem-free service.
Phone 503 393 5315 or email us at email@example.com for expert HVAC installation for your Oregon home or business.