Do you associate summer heat with high cooling bills? A lot of homeowners think this way, but it doesn’t have to be your reality. The only thing standing between optimal home comfort coexisting with reasonable energy bills is the efficiency of your air conditioning unit.
There are so many different factors that can decrease the efficiency level of your air conditioner and there’s only one way to boost that AC efficiency—with the care of a trained professional. We have a team of certified technicians ready to help you get the most from your air conditioning system. Contact our team if you want great air conditioning services in Salem, OR.
How to Boost Your AC Efficiency
There are few simple ways that you can increase your comfort and lower your bills. We’ve listed a few of the best below:
- Change Your Air Filter: If you’ve skimmed through any HVAC blog online you probably know that professionals don’t recommend that you service your air conditioning system on your own. This is a situation that often turns sour. Don’t make an appointment worse in the name of frugality. We can help you tune your system up for the right price. One thing you can do on your own is change your air filter. You should change your air conditioner’s filter at least once a season if you’d like to keep your air conditioner pristine, efficient, and cost-effective.
- Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned: When was the last time you had your air ducts cleaned? If you have to scratch your head and really deep dive into the depths of your memory then it’s time to schedule another appointment. Dirty ducts are inefficient. That’s because dirty air ducts make your air pass hurdles of dirt, grime, and other debris to make it to your vents. A service as simple as an air duct cleaning will greatly improve the efficiency of your home.
- Repair Your Ducts: Sometimes you have your ducts cleaned and realize that it just isn’t enough. The next step is to repair your ducts. If you’re really struggling with the efficiency of your ductwork the culprit might be gapping and denting rather than debris. Our team of professionals can whip your ductwork system back into shape in no time.
- Check in On Your AC Unit: Take a walk out to your outdoor AC unit—is this system in the direct sun or is it covered? If your AC unit is in direct sunlight it will make the work you have to much harder. Install a cover or plant a little foliage nearby to correctly shade this unit.
- Schedule a Maintenance Appointment: Air conditioning maintenance is the best way to keep your AC unit in top shape. Maintenance services aren’t a waste of money. This simple appointment will lower your bills, decrease your chances of a breakdown, and increase the lifespan of your AC system. Scheduling a tune-up in spring will help your air conditioning system power through a long summer here in Salem.
Contact Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning if you’d like to boost your AC efficiency this summer.