Winter can be a trying time here in Oregon. After all, we live in an area that’s known for cold, wet, rainy weather. Now that we’re in pretty deep into this winter season, it’s a good idea to check in with your heating system. Ask yourself a few questions:
- How are you feeling at home?
- Are you comfortable?
- Does your heater keeping you warm consistently?
- Are you paying a decent amount?
If you’re struggling to give a good answer to any of these questions, then it’s time for you to schedule an appointment with us. Central heating isn’t your only option even though it’s the most common option in our area. You can also opt for something more like a great ductless HVAC system in Salem, OR. We’ll help you through the process of finding the right unit. Come to our team today.
What’s a Ductless System?
A ductless system (also referred to ask a ductless mini split) is an alternative heating and cooling system for your home. Your ductless system is great because it can both heat and cool from the exact same unit. Ductless mini splits are a little different than standard heating and cooling systems because they use individualized air handlers that are mounted on walls throughout your home rather than a centralized unit. This means that you can heat or cool your home where you’d like to rather than where you have to.
So what would this look like in your home? Well, imagine you’re at home and you want to relax in the comfort of your room—you want to heat up your bedroom but not the entire house. If you had a centralized heating system, this just wouldn’t be possible, but if you have a ductless system this means that you can just heat your bedroom rather than your entire space.
How Does One of these Systems Help Your Home
So how can one of this heating system help you specifically? The idea of one sounds great, but you want to know how it’s actually going to impact you right? Here are a few ways that a ductless system can help out your home.
- They’re Adaptable: The best thing about a ductless system is that they’re adaptable. This means that you can personalize your heating system, put the air handlers where you need them, and run them how you want.
- They’re Efficient: The thing about ductless mini splits is that they’re efficient. You don’t have to blow conditioned air throughout your entire home. Instead, you can just heat or cool the rooms that you need rather than all of them at once.
- They Improve Your IAQ: While centralized ductwork is great, it can affect your indoor air quality negatively. After all, your ductwork accrues dust, dirt, and grime over time. Going for a ductless unit can eliminate any problems with indoor air quality that you’ve had in the past.
Make sure that you consider a ductless unit if you’re thinking of switching up your heating methods at home.
Contact Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning today to schedule an appointment with our professionals. Oregon’s best since 1992, We Bring Our A Game.