Heating and Air Conditioning
Indoor Air Quality
Air Conditioning Repair in Salem, OR
Air conditioners typically last for over a decade, so it’s common to encounter a repair need or two throughout this time. When you need air conditioning repair services in Salem, or notice your system isn’t working as well as you think it should, make sure that you choose the right team. The last thing you want is to discover that your air conditioner isn’t working at all on a hot summer Salem day.
Don’t try to fix AC problems on your own! We understand there are extensive resources online that claim they can teach you how to flawlessly repair your air conditioning system in a 15-minute how-to video or a few short articles, but we can assure you that you need professional service.
Signs That You Need AC Repair
Do you know when you need air conditioning repair? Here’s a few signs:
- Insufficient Airflow: Notice that you’re cranking your thermostat down lower and lower but you’re still hot? You might have restricted airflow because of dirty ductwork or a clogged air filter.
- Leaking: If you see that your outdoor unit is leaking, make sure to call for repairs. Even if you’re not experiencing any problems with the quality of your air conditioning, leaking means that problems are imminent—as it could be refrigerant you see coming from the system.
- Foul Odors: Does your air conditioner run and make your home smell stale or even musty? A foul odor from your air conditioner is a clear sign that you need air conditioning repair as soon as possible.
How You’re Causing Air Conditioning Issues
So how do air conditioning problems happen? Unfortunately, sometimes poor user operation exacerbates small air conditioning problems. Here’s a few things to avoid if you want to prevent AC issues:
- Choose Moderate Thermostat Temperatures: Make sure you’re not turning your thermostat temperature down too low. A low thermostat temperature never makes your home cool off faster, it only makes it cool off longer. This is inefficient and causes your air conditioner to wear down faster than it otherwise would.
- Avoiding Maintenance: When you skip your annual maintenance services you’re only inconveniencing yourself. When you have a professional service your system regularly, you’re giving an expert the opportunity to tackle any problems while they’re still small scale.
- Neglecting Your Thermostat: If you haven’t updated your thermostat in the past few years, now is the time. Your thermostat is the brain of your system, so make sure that this technology is up to date.
Our Professional AC Services
Our technicians here at Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning are NATE-certified and extensively educated. We understand the intricacies of central air conditioning units, heat pumps, ductless systems, and even zone-controlled air conditioning. We treat our customers like family and seek to make our services as personal as possible. When you go with our team, you’re getting services backed by 26 years of experience in the area. We’ll provide all the best services you need to keep your home cool throughout the summer.