Heating and Air Conditioning
Indoor Air Quality
Gas, Oil & Electric Conversions in Salem, OR
Have you decided that your current heating system just isn’t cutting it? This happens a lot here in Salem. Homeowners move into older homes in the city and keep the heating system that was originally installed, but soon decide that this isn’t right for their needs. If this sounds like your situation, we’re the right team for the job. We specialize in making this transition as easy as possible for homeowners. We won’t leave you in the dark, we’ll inform you throughout the process and help you make the best decisions for the comfort of your home.
It’s common to outgrow your heating system or make the natural switch when one system gives out to another. Given our many years in the industry, we understand heating systems inside and out.
If you’re ready to make the switch from your current system to another then contact Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning. Oregon’s best since 1992, We Bring Our A Game.
Choosing a Heating System That’s Right for Your Needs
Need help choosing the right heating system for your home? Let’s break down your options.
- Radiant Heating: Radiant heating is transmitted through objects. This includes baseboard heating, radiators, and boilers. This is great for indoor air quality and is a better conductor of heat than forced-air systems.
- Ductless: A ductless system (or a ductless mini split) is a heat pump system that doesn’t rely on the ductwork in your home to provide heated air to your space. It uses individual and autonomous air handlers instead of a central unit for more precise control.
- Heat Pump: A heat pump is constructed like an air conditioner, but unlike an air conditioner it’s able to provide both heating and cooling. A heat pump is a great option if you want a cost-effective and energy-efficient system. Heat pumps don’t generate heat like a traditional heating or cooling system. Instead they move heat outdoors or indoors depending on your needs.
- Electric Fuel: Electric fuel is an eco-friendly fuel option. This way of fueling your heater is also a great option due to its safety. While the natural gas combustion process isn’t inherently dangerous, it can become a problem if your heater is not well-maintained.
- Natural Gas Fuel: Natural gas has a lower fuel cost because this fuel is high-efficiency. It’s also a better alternative for climates that experience a long season of cold weather like ours.
Ready to Make the Switch?
Here are a few common conversions that we offer:
- Radiant Heating to Ductless Heating
- Electric to Heat Pump
- Electric to Natural Gas
- Oil to Heat Pump
- Oil to Natural Gas
- Baseboard to Ductless
- Electric to Ductless
- Electric to Natural Gas
If your conversion needs fall into one of these categories, we’ll help you through the process. When you’re ready to upgrade or replace your heating system, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the options. You don’t have to feel your way around in the dark through this process or try to endlessly scour the internet for information. We’ll help you!