Heating and AC
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality in Salem, OR
If you’re a homeowner here in Salem who’s concerned with your indoor air quality (IAQ), congratulations, because you’re already a step ahead of the rest. Homeowners across the country are often concerned with the air quality outdoors, especially if they live in metropolitan areas, but you should think about your indoor air quality too. There are so many factors that go into maintaining good air quality in your home and so many contaminants that can potentially bring it down.
If you notice the signs of poor indoor air quality in your home, then make sure that you take the necessary steps to boost your IAQ with one of our air quality systems and professional services. When you need a team that knows the particular needs of Salem homes, make sure to contact us.
We have 26 years of experience helping Salem residents breathe easy. When you need great IAQ services contact Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning. Oregon’s best since 1992, We Bring Our A Game.
Signs Your Indoor Air Quality Is Low
So how can you know when your indoor air quality is low? After all, you can’t look at your air and see the contaminants. Here are a few signs:
- Coughing, Wheezing, Sneezing: Does it seem like you’re allergic to your home? If your allergy symptoms start to seem worse indoors than outdoors, you’re likely suffering from high levels of dirt, debris, pollen, and dander in your home.
- Exacerbated Respiratory Problems: Notice that your asthma, bronchitis, or any other respiratory problems that you have get worse at home? You have poor IAQ.
- Long or Frequent Colds: If you seem to always get sick and then stay sick for ages, your air quality could use a boost. Factors like dry air lower your immunity and make you prone to catching illnesses.
Choosing the Right IAQ System for Your Home
We offer all of the following air quality systems so that you can boost the IAQ of your home the way you need to.
- Air Filtration Systems: Sometimes your air conditioner or furnace’s standard filter just doesn’t cut it. Our whole-home air filtration system keeps allergens out of the air you breathe.
- Air Purifiers: An air purifier sterilizes your air and kills off the germs that are the most harmful to your health.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors: If you have a furnace in your home, it’s far from inherently dangerous, but the combustion process potentially leads to malfunctions that emit carbon monoxide into your home. Make sure that you have a functioning carbon monoxide detector to detect this dangerous colorless and odorless gas.
- Dehumidifiers: Does your air get balmy in the summer? Prolonged moisture in the air can make you uncomfortable and also cause things like mold and mildew to grow.
- Air Duct Cleaning: It’s very easy for dirt and debris to build up in your air ducts over time. This decreases efficiency and raises your energy bill, so an air duct cleaning is extremely beneficial.
- Duct Repair & Replacement: Got a problem with your ducts? Holes or gaps in your ducts greatly decrease your IAQ. It’s worth it to call a professional to rectify these problems.
- Humidifiers: Salem homes can get pretty dry during winter. This dries out your wood furnishings and dehydrates your body. This makes it much harder for you to get over colds as well as increases the negative effects of respiratory problems.
- Heat & Energy Recovery Ventilators: These systems let fresh air into your home without causing your AC or heater to decrease in power. Combat stale and stuffy air with these systems.